3911 Harrison Street, Oakland, CA 94611 | Phone: 510-653-8886 | Fax: 510-653-8889 | Email: Info@annrankin.com
The Law Offices of Ann Rankin provide our clients’ with legal guidance and advice on an appropriate business entity specific to the needs of the business and the nature of the relationships of the people involved.
• Formation of corporations, general partnerships, limited liability companies (LLC's),
limited partnerships, professional corporations and limited liability partnerships (LLP's)
• General corporate governance and counseling
• Shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and operating agreements
• Agreements among owners for transferability of interests upon death, withdrawal, retirement or disability
• Buy-sell agreements
• Stock options and executive compensation
• Service and independent contractor agreements and fee arrangements
• License agreements
• Purchase and sale agreements for businesses and real property
• Distribution, production and supply agreements
• General terms and conditions for purchase orders and invoicing
• Confidentiality agreements
• Joint venture agreements
• Resolution of disputes among owners
Selecting the best business structure is one of the most important decisions a business owner must make. When making this decision you must take into account: limiting legal liability, potential and real tax consequences, the business’s current and future organizational structure while defining the rights and obligations of the business owners.
We draft written agreements that protect your interests, work with you to identify and implement the best business structure to fit the needs and demands of the organization.
We will provide representation with assisting business owners with matters relating to the corporation’s Board of Directors as well as maintenance of corporate records.
The comments, statements and articles contained herein are general in nature and should not be relied upon as a basis for any legal opinion, action or conclusion on the part of the reader with respect to any particular set of facts or circumstances. The content of this website is not intended to provide legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship. We are licensed to practice law only in California and that this information is not intended to constitute legal advice of any kind or to constitute the practice of law in states other than California.
Site designed by Steven Bernier 2013